Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year and a New Image


Well, happy New Year everyone. I hope that 2012 proves to be a wonderful year. So far the skies have been devoid of falling rocks, the ground hasn't cracked open, and the weather hasn't destroyed half of mankind yet. So, the Mayan calendar believers have 361 days left to wait for calamity.

I decided to start this year off with a simple post. This is another image of the Ashinaga character I wrote about before. This particular piece was my first attempt at a larger drawing, the actual drawing being 18x24 inches. I found that I could really pour into the details and fill out the image with so much space to work with. The original model I used for this was a man who was modeling for a sportswear catalog. The photographer is a friend of mine and he passes some of his extra images along to me to use for practice work.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment