Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Update 01/02/2013

I am doing my own version of NaNoWriMo this month. I have set a goal of 50,000 words or more by the end of the month onto the current project. I anticipate that I will have gotten very close to finishing it by that point. The project is the Dragonwand story I posted about recently. It will be a challenge, but I believe I can meet it.

Today marks day two of my project. Yesterday I was able to add 3,217 words. Today I added a meager 585. But, today was a smoothing out day. I had some major alterations to the story to make so it would flow as one single plotline. I know that the challenge of the NaNo is to write without correcting, so to just focus on the construction first. But, I feel that the story needs to flow as a single thought before I can keep working. If I stray toward a different ending than my first idea, then I go back and rework the story so that it is harmonious.

Here's to 50k (or more) by 1/31/13

No comments:

Post a Comment