Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Update of NaNo and request

Hello all. As I said before, I am continuing my daily word count so that I can show you my progress. The truth is, I need to show you as a guilt mechanism on my head to make me sit and write every day. If you are not an author, and perhaps if you are, you may not understand why authors would need a guilt trip to write. It has been that way for centuries, not all authors are avid, sit-a-day writers that relish putting words to paper (or computer, table, stone, etc.) In fact, some of the most famous writers in history have used guilt style methods to get them to write. Victor Hugo used to go into his writing office, undress to his skin, pass his clothes out to his servants with instructions to not given them back until he had written a certain amount. My advice to writers is this; do not let yourself feel less of an author because you have to guilt yourself into putting words into your story. If someone who is recognized as a legendary author like Victor Hugo had to do it, then I see nothing wrong with it. Besides, once I sit down and start writing, I realize just how much I love it. For reasons beyond my comprehension, when an author steps away from actual writing, something in his/her brain starts to explain why they shouldn't write. Don't listen to that voice, and if you do, guilt is always available in many ways.

For this post I want to ask a favor of everyone who reads this. Help. My sales have fallen off into a pit. I sold one and had one borrowed in January, and so far the total is 0 for February as we close in on the end of the first week of this month. I need some external help. I have been posting rather sexy pics of some of my characters in celebration of Valentines. Along with the pic is a little advertisement for the book including a link. I know it's a little shameless, but no advertising company has ever been blamed for humility and high levels of discretion. These pics have been posted on my FB page for the book, if you don't follow that yet, then by all means do so, click the link here .....I'll give you a moment......anyone heard any good jokes lately......done? Okay, we can continue.

Why I decided to use sexy pics as advertising is simple, my book has an overtone of love. I will hesitate to call it a romance novel because I don't feel it rightly fights into that genre. And, to be honest, I don't want it to. But, with Valentines come up and a lot of gifts being bought, I am suggesting that a book be made into a gift. How you can help is to share the pics from the page and invite people to get the book, share the pics themselves, and/or join the FB page. Besides, it might be a fun way to celebrate Valentines on your own page.

Oh, and please don't just copy/paste or share them from here. The ones on my FB page already have the advertisement written into them. If you don't want to share the pics, you may share the book if you would be so kind. HERE is the link to that.


And, since you are all such nice, wonderful, kind, beautiful,.....punctual (Hey I am not that good at the whole buttering up thing.) people, I am going to throw in a work in progress pic that will be posted in the next few days.  (Did I mention the shameless part of this?)

Okay, that's enough. He's part dog, he does enough drooling on his own. 

As for my update, here are the totals so far: 

Day 1: 3,217 words
Day 2:    585 words
Day 3: 2,170 words
Day 4: 1,420 words
Day 5: 2,202 words
Day 6: 2,496 words
Day 7: 1,344 words
Week 1 ------------------------------------ 13,434 words
Day 8: 958 words
Day 9: 2,248 words
Day 10: 1,775 words
Day 11: 2,249 words
Day 12: 2,754 words
Day 13 2,830 words
Day 14: 1,700 words
Week 2-------------------------------------- 14,514 words  (27,948 total.)
Day 15: 1,461 words
Day 16: 4,058 words
Day 17: 3,242 words
Day 18: 3,203 words
Day 19: 2,824 words
Day 20: 2,719 words
Day 21: 2,081 words
Week 3------------------------------------ 19,588 words ( 47,536 total)
Day 22: 1,466 words
     Day 23: 0 (book signing)
Day 24: 2,394 words
Day 25: 2,083 words 
Day 26:             Lazy
Day 27: 3,318 words
Day 28: 1,030 words
Week 4--------------------------------------- 10,291 words ( 57,827 total)
Day 29 2,692 words
Day 30:   900 words
Day 31: 2,070 words
End of first month---------------------------------------- 63,489 words  (Book total so far: 76,477 words)
Month 2
Day 1: 1,218 words
Day 2: 3,740 words
Day 3: 3,115 words
Day 4: 1,279 words
Day 5: 2,367 words




No comments:

Post a Comment