Search This Blog

Monday, July 1, 2013

I've done it again.

Well, I've done it again. Yes, that's right, I have created yet another bookcover for The Crystal Needle. You might be asking yourself questions like, "Why?" "Doesn't he already have like 5?" "What the heck is The Crystal Needle and why should I care?" All good questions, I'm glad you asked.

I haven't been too satisfied with my cover art for the book. What I wanted from the start was something that would showcase the story better. Until recently I haven't really been able to do that. Each cover I have done hasn't looked bad or anything, I just didn't feel they captured the story well enough. The current bookcover  is nice and I believe captures some of the elements of the story, but the comment that stuck in my mind came from my brother. He said, "It looks like a horror novel" and I really couldn't get that out of my head. But, I simply didn't have the ability or money to really make what I wanted. Now I do (ability that is, I am still poor). I discovered how to use a more advanced photo editing program and got my hands on some good pics and put together something that I feel will help sell the book. That is the main reason behind all these changes. The cover is the first thing people see of a book and they WILL judge it by the cover.

Here it is, at least here is what I am considering for the bookcover. I really would like your input. Do you like it? Do you think it will sell the book? Let me know.


Oh, and to answer the last question: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0069DS694

2 comments:

  1. I think it is sweet. It doesn't really tell me what the book is about but I guess the description will do that. It feels mystical/enchanting. Is that the look you are going for? Since I have not read your book...I really need to but that is what I take from the cover. I know you need that needle there...not sure what that does for the cover? The title says that already???? Oh gosh, what do I know. I just look for pop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I was going for mystical/enchanting. So, that much worked at least.

      Delete