Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

NaNo Time again!!!

Well, it's November again. If you were unaware of that fact then....uh....surprise. Anyway, among the various Holiday's November is a special month for authors such as myself. This is National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo. It is the goal of each author who signs up for NaNoWriMo to put in at least 50k words into a story. Someone somewhere declared a basic number of 50,000 to be the amount of words to justify calling a story a novel, so that is why that is the number chosen.

For me, this will be the second year I have done this. Last time I flew past the 50k mark quickly. Unfortunately the book I was working on really fizzled out and I have hardly looked at it since last November. Of course that is not to say that I haven't been writing. Since then I have written one full novel, several short stories, and a Christmas special story for Bark.

For NaNo 2013 I am working on the full length sequel to The Crystal Needle. I will tell you more about the story at a later time. I had already started working on this a while back and set it aside specifically to wait to work on it during NaNo. This meant that I entered the event with nearly 40k words already put on paper. So the site is telling me I'm almost done. Not so fast. I intend on writing 50k words during this month on the story, even if the site wants to pat me on the back ahead of that goal, I will still reach it.

What do I need from you? Encouragement, cheering, prayer. Writing is a joy and a struggle. While I love to write and will always write, there are times when I sit back and say, "what are you doing? This is garbage. Nobody will read this junk." You aren't aware how much a few words of encouragement helps push me out of that funk quickly and keeps me writing.





Now I will give you the current update of my words in progress.

Day1: 2012 words
Day2: -295 words (Did a little rewrite of a scene that was screwing up the story.)
Day3: 2575 words
Day4: 1906 words
Day5: 1465 words
Day6: 2789 words
Day7: 2201 words
Day8: 3029 words
Day9: 1234 words
Day10: 0 words (Chruch trip)
Day11: 0 words (Church trip)
Total for NaNo: 16916 words
Total for the book: 46430 words


No comments:

Post a Comment