Search This Blog

Monday, December 30, 2013

My Final Post!!

Well, this is it. I HAVE HAD IT!!  This is the last post I am ever going to write......for 2013.

  It has been an interesting year. I wrote two full novels, four short stories, a play, and countless other items. I performed on stage with the Miyagi Ryu Nosho Kai in California and performed in the Living Christmas Tree at First Baptist in Tennessee. Won a lot of contests, lost even more. It has been one heck of a year. I want to thank everyone who has been there with me during both the highs and lows of 2013.

Now, for my final post of 2013 I am going to leave you with my latest art.

           















   In 2013 The Crystal Needle gained its newest, and final cover art. I like it and so do the readers. The pic on the left is the actual art, the one on the right is a black and white ink version.

                           















Over the past year I helped my friend Wendy Siefken work on the cover art for her own book. Unlike my own, I actually did the drawing for these before heading to the computer to edit them. You might recall the popular post about these covers here. You'll note that these covers are different than the original covers in the previous blog post about them. Well there is another story about that, but what it came to is that now I am totally designing the cover, not just the character art. So, all the aspects of these covers are by yours truly, with a LOT of input from the authors and their fans.


















Here we have a couple ideas for the third Bark book, set to be released in 2014. In the book Bark is dealing with something that is putting a lot of fear and sadness in him. So, I wanted to portray the feelings in art. The image on the left shows his deep fear of falling into madness. The image on the right shows his deep sadness. The one on the right was from a scene that has been edited out of the book for timing. He is in his underwear because he is being medically examined, but at the same time he is fighting back tears.



As a Christmas card for some of my fans on Facebook, I drew this image of Ashinaga. It said, "Ashinaga has been working on your gift. Merry Christmas." A good salesman knows his audience and how to sell to them. A lot of my readers are women who enjoy some eye candy, so.....I offer a sugar rush.








Not the same kind of artwork, but still part of what I do. This was from the second nights performance of The Living Christmas Tree at First Baptist. This also marks the first time in the history of my blog that I have posted a picture of myself. Yes, there I am, right in front of you, in the tree.











So, there you have it. My final post for 2013. Thanks for reading, hope to have even better things to post in 2014.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! the beautiful artwork and the stories behind them. A little disappointed not being able to see you though! I hope you have a wonderful year this coming year and I have a feeling you will be doing ALL of our book covers from now on. Just a bit of a heads up! lol Thank you Dan for the wonderful covers and the beautiful work you have put into them. We really do love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your artwork is amazing! I absolutely love it, particularly the detailing to the leg. I know you said you had been working on it.

    ReplyDelete