Search This Blog

Monday, April 7, 2014

Even more art

Hey everyone. I know it has been a few weeks since I last posted, though no one really missed me. But, here I am again. This week I am going to just post more of my art.

I love to create through drawing. I do not do this as a potential profession, though I have done some paid work before. What I do this for is my own love of creation. I hope you enjoy the work and if you like it please let me know. If you want to use any of this, let me know and I'll see what I can do. Now, enjoy.




Freehand Dragon: I was bored....which seems to be a major contributing factor in a lot of my random artwork....so I started drawing on a dragon. I think it came out pretty cool.














Freehand Dragon in color: After I finished drawing it I loaded into my photo editing program. Looks like a T-Shirt logo to me.









               

Now this is a take on an old pic. I wanted to add color to this drawing and see if I could bring some more life into it. I spent a lot of time working on the colorization of the character and I think it paid off.











However, the background colorization of this pic looked extremely amateurish. I have said before that my coloring of pictures often comes across looking like a kindergartner playing with crayons. This couldn't be more true when you look at the background of that first pic. So, I threw this into my photo editor and superimposed him onto a couple backgrounds I spliced together.












A quickly drawn Frost: One style of art that seems to elude me is comic book styles. I think my handicap in this artistic endeavor is partly due to the fact that I use pencils mostly, not markers which seems to be the tool of choice for comic artists. But, that hasn't stopped me from trying. I used a very good book called Incredible Comics with Tom Nguyen It is the first resource of comic style art guide that has really helped me get a little better. However, by looking at this drawing, you can see that I have a long way to go. 







No, this isn't might mouse. This superhero is named Shirtless Mouse....powers still unknown. About a month ago a friend posted a facebook meme that asked for the color of your shirt and the object to your right, that would be your superhero name. I had just stepped out of the bath and thus was sans a shirt. When I answered that question it came back as Shirtless Mouse. As a joke I did a quick drawing of this new character and posted him as my comment.

I doubt you'll be reading the adventures of Shirtless Mouse any time soon.








Lastly, another Ashinaga pic: Mostly just had time on my hands and my drawing supplies with me when I did this one. I am highly considering working on the final book of this characters story. This image would be during the time he is searching for the enemy that stole his bride on their wedding day. Unfortunately, the community the story was written for hasn't shown much interest so I am not sure if it will ever be finished.

About the drawing itself: I wanted to do some more perspective styles, walking is hard...at least for me. Two issues for this one: One: The model was  carrying a  guitar, not a walking stick. That wasn't much to change. Two: he was wearing large sunglasses that covered half his face. That did give me some problems but I think I worked through them.





I hope you enjoyed my work. As I requested before, if you enjoy what you see let me know in the comments and share this to your friends however you share things. I'll keep writing and drawing, you keep on doing what you love to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment